Zapier is a tool that allows you to connect web apps together. An integration between two apps is called a Zap. A Zap is made up of a Trigger and one or more Actions. Whenever the trigger happens in one app, Zapier will automatically perform the action in another app.
Using a Zap, you can send your hard earned leads from Instapage directly to your list.
1. Click on "Make a Zap!" and select the Instapage app.
2. Select Form Submission as a Trigger and click Save + Continue.
3. Click on Sign In to Instapage.
4. To find your workspace token, navigate back to Instapage and select the Settings tab from the left sidebar, then click Integrations.
5. Scroll down the page and click to open the Zapier card. Copy the token and paste it into the Zapier pop-up.
6. Once your workspace token has been accepted, click on Continue and all the pages within this particular workspace will be imported.
7. Select the page that you wish to connect to and click Continue.
8. Click on Test trigger.
After testing the trigger you will see something similar to the image below.
The found lead is, in fact, a fake placeholder and you cannot pull in a real lead in this step. Rest assured that this is the intended behavior. All the fields from your selected page will be present and can be used on the Action mapping. Click on Continue.
9. Now you are done with the trigger. All you have to do now is to set up the Action in order to connect the incoming leads to your desired app. Also, make sure that you correctly map all the Instapage fields to your app equivalent fields.
NOTE: If you want to include the timestamp of the action in the Zap, you can follow Zapier's instructions for that here.
10. When finalizing the Action, you do not need to test it as the action will not work in the configuration/setup phase with fake placeholder data. The Zap will work - once the Zap is finalized and active all new leads submitted on your landing page will be sent to your app. To test the integration, submit a lead on the live URL of the landing page.
Changing form fields in Instapage after you create the Zap
To update the field in Zapier you have to:
- Go to your Zap > Trigger > Set Up Trigger and click on Refresh fields
- Go into Test Trigger to review the form field placeholders that are grabbed
- If everything looks right and the field names are the same as on your Instapage landing page, you can proceed to turn off your Zap and turn it on again, and make sure you publish and enable the last draft.
- If there is any field name showing in the Test Trigger section that isn’t the same as your actual form field name, please click on Load More field samples.
- The integration only works on the live URL. It can not be tested on the preview mode. When testing on the live URL, make sure that your browser is not displaying an older cached version.
- Make sure to test the integration with different addresses because if you submit the form multiple times with the same email address the integration will flag the email as spam.
- Always test your integration with real email addresses as some systems recognize fake emails.
- All fields need to have a label/name in order for the integration to work. Please do not leave the label empty or with just space characters. You can pick the 'hide label' option for some field types.
Note: While we try to keep all of our instructional articles that involve third-party services up to date, sometimes they make changes to their platform of which we are not aware and, as a consequence, the user interface may differ from the provided screenshots.
You can use one of the templates below to get started, if they fit your use case: