If you already have a website published on your domain, note that editing the “www” record will replace your website with the landing page. To avoid this, please create a new CNAME record and configure it using the guide below.
1. After going through the first 3 steps indicated in this article in order to add your new subdomain, below are the following steps you need to take in the domain registrar before going back to finish the process and having your new subdomain in Instapage.
2. Log into your 1&1 account and click manage domain;
3. Click on Subdomains and then Add subdomain;
4. And enter the subdomain you want to use. For example, if you picked
lander.mydomain.com as your address, enter
lander here. Or, if you're using a root domain such as
www.mydomain.com then you'll want to enter
www in this field.
5. Once your subdomain is created, click on Settings;
6. Click on DNS.
7. Click on Add record and select CNAME.
8. Make sure it points to secure.pageserve.co and save;
Note: While we try to keep all of our instructional articles that involve third-party services up to date, sometimes they make changes to their platform of which we are not aware and, as a consequence, the user interface may differ from the provided screenshots.