If you already have a website published on your domain, note that editing the “www” record will replace your website with the landing page. To avoid this, please create a new CNAME record and configure it using the guide below.
1. Below are the first steps you will need to take inside your domain registrar before coming back to your Instapage account to finish the process by adding your new subdomain in the Domains Dashboard, as explained in this article: https://d.pr/GkVQ8Q.
2. Log in to your HostGator account;
3. Find the window entitled 'Domains';
4. Click on 'Zone Editor' - This will take you to a control panel.
5. In this window, find the domain name for which you want to add a subdomain with a CNAME record.
6. Click Manage to go to the DNS settings.
7. Click the +Add Record button located on the right side.
8. Select the CNAME type from the dropdown, and under the Name field, enter the name of your chose subdomain. If you picked promo.mydomain.com, enter "promo" here. Or, if you are using a root domain such as www.mydomain.com, you'll want to enter "www" here. Under Record you will type our server address: secure.pageserve.co.
9. Click Add Record under the Actions column, and you are all set.
Note: While we try to keep all of our instructional articles that involve third-party services up to date, sometimes they make changes to their platform of which we are not aware, and, as a consequence, the user interface may differ from the provided screenshots/instructions.