If you already have a website published on your domain, note that editing the “www” record will replace your website with the landing page. To avoid this, please create a new CNAME record and configure it using the guide below.
1. Below are the first steps you will need to take inside your domain registrar before coming back to your Instapage account to finish the process by adding your new subdomain in the Domains Dashboard, as explained in this article: https://d.pr/GkVQ8Q.
2. Log in to your account with your particular hosting provider;
3. Find the window entitled 'Domains' and click on 'DNS Zone Editor' - This will take you to a control panel;
4. In the control panel, find your domain and click on +CNAME Record;
5. In the 'Name' field of this section, type the name of your chosen subdomain. For example, if you picked promo.mydomain.com as your custom domain, enter promo here. Or, if you're using a root domain such as www.mydomain.com then you'll want to enter www here. cPanel automatically fills in the rest of your URL;
6. In the 'CNAME' field, type secure.pageserve.co;
7. Click the 'Add CNAME Record' button at the bottom, and you are all set.
You can now return to your Instapage account and set up your custom subdomain by going to your Page > Publish Page > choose Custom Domain.
Keep in mind that these kinds of changes take a certain amount of time to propagate across the internet. You may have to wait up to 24 hours before you see your changes take effect.
Note: While we try to keep all of our instructional articles that involve third-party services up to date, sometimes they make changes to their platform of which we are not aware, and, as a consequence, the user interface may differ from the provided screenshots/instructions.