Below are the first steps you will need to take inside your domain registrar before coming back to your Instapage account to finish the process by adding your new subdomain in the Domains Dashboard, as explained in this article.
- Log in to your account with your particular hosting provider;
- Find the window entitled 'Domains';
- Click on 'Simple DNS Zone Editor' - This will take you to a control panel;
- In the control panel you will see a section titled 'Add a CNAME Record';
- In the 'Name' field of this section, type the name of your chosen subdomain. For example, if you picked
lander.mydomain.comas your custom domain, enter
landerhere. Or, if you're using a root domain such as
www.mydomain.comthen you'll want to enter
wwwhere. cPanel automatically fills in the rest of your URL;
- In the 'CNAME' field, type
- Click the 'Add CNAME Record' button at the bottom.
You can now return to your Instapage account and set up your custom subdomain by going to your Page > Edit > Publish > & choosing Custom Domain.
Keep in mind that these kinds of changes take a certain amount of time to propagate across the internet. You may have to wait up to 24 hours before you see your changes take effect.