To access the Search & Social section of a landing page, click on the name of the page, and then on Search & Social in the slideout, as shown in the GIF below.
1. Search section
In the Search section, you can configure the way this page will look when a potential visitor finds it on a search engine.
- The Page Title will be the title that appears for your Experience in search engine results and in the title of the tab in which your Experience is opened.
- Keywords are intended to act as shortcuts that sum up an entire page. They help search engines match a page to an appropriate search query.
- The Meta Description is an ~160-character long text, that describes and summarizes the contents of your landing page to search engines. In search engine results, the meta description appears under the page title, giving your potential visitors more information about your content.
- A Favicon is a picture you see beside some URLs in your browser’s address bar. You can use .jpg and .png images (.ico is not currently supported). You can also use .gif files, but some browsers might only display the first frame of the GIF, without animation. Make sure the image used is not too big, the recommended size is 32 by 32 pixels.
- A Canonical URL is a way of telling search engines that a specific URL represents the master copy of a page. Using the canonical tag prevents problems caused by identical or "duplicate" content appearing on multiple URLs. Practically speaking, the canonical tag tells search engines which version of a URL you want to appear in search results.
Note: By publishing your landing page and editing your page SEO settings, Google or Bing search will not automatically index your page.
What steps do I need to take to submit my landing page for Google indexing?
2. Go here https://search.google.com/search-console/welcome
3. Select URL Prefix, not the entire domain, as you cannot use a sitemap with Instapage. Each landing page must be indexed individually.
4. From the verification options that you will see in the list, you cannot use the HTML file, so please pick one of the other methods below it. For example, you can use the one described here https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/9008080#zippy=%2Cdomain-name-provider
5. Allow a few weeks for Google to index the page.
2. Social section
In the Social section, you can configure the way the page's card looks when it is shared on social media. The recommended size of the thumbnail image is 1200x627 pixels.