Instapage lets you track external conversions by embedding our tracking script on your target conversion page. This is great when you’re using an Instapage landing page to drive online purchases, or anytime your real conversion action does not happen on the Instapage landing page itself.
This is especially important when you’re conducting a test as you need to know which page drives better overall results.
Follow the instructions below to embed a script on your conversion page. It’s best to place it just before the closing </body> tag.
Instapage automatically turns off all other Conversion Goals on your page so that only visits to your external page are counted as conversions.
1. Open the relevant page in the Instapage Editor.
2. Open the Conversion Goals drop down.
3. Select External Conversion tracking.
4. Copy the provided Script.
5. Insert the script on the External Page.
6. Done. The script can be been on the External Page's view source.
You must ensure that your Instapage pages and your conversion page are on the same domain so that the tracking cookies can be read. For example, you could have your Instapage pages at "promo.mycompany.com", and your conversion page on "www.mycompany.com", but you couldn't have your conversion page on "www.mypartner.com".