The folks over at NameCheap offer a tutorial that demonstrates how to add a CNAME record using their interface.
If you already have a website published on your domain, note that editing the “www” record will replace your website with the landing page. To avoid this, please create a new CNAME record and configure it using the guide below.
- Log in to your account at http://www.namecheap.com.
- Click My Account > Manage Domains then click on the domain you wish to modify.
- Click Advanced DNS. This will let you modify your domain's DNS.
- In the Host Records column, click on Add New Record and enter only the subdomain of the address you want to use for your Instapage custom Domain. For example, if you picked
lander.mydomain.comas your address, enter lander here. Or, if you're using a root domain such as
www.mydomain.comthen you'll want to use the
pageserve.coin the IP Address/URL field.
CNAMEfrom the Record Type dropdown menu.
- Click Save Changes. You may need to wait up to a couple of hours for the CNAME to function.