Click to call buttons provide phone visitors to your page with a quick and easy way to give you a call. You can also create click to email buttons, which will keep you in contact with your visitors regardless of the device they use.
Setting either of them up is a simple process, check it out below:
1. Select the image, text, or button you want to use, and find the Click event button and then choose Outside URL.
2. Type the link corresponding to the desired button.
- For click to call buttons use "tel:+[country code][area code][phone number]" format, without the square braces. For example tel:+16044841354
- For click to email buttons, all you have to do is add mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org - Replace email@example.com with your own email address. When clicking on this link, the default emailing app will open on your visitors' browser.
- For click to message buttons, you will have to use “sms:+[country code][area code][phone number]“, without the square braces. For example, sms:+17045821697.
var smslink = $('#element-ID a').attr('href');
smslink = smslink.replace('http://', '');
$('#element-ID a').attr('href', smslink);
Please note that you will have to replace “ID” with the ID of your button, which you can find by doing the following action:
Due to the fact that all click to call, email or message buttons are opened in the corresponding app, you don’t have to check the New Tab box.
By clicking on the Track checkbox, you can set your newly created link as your conversion goal. This will ensure calls and/or emails are properly recorded as conversions for your stats. For more information on conversion goals and setting them, you can refer to this article.
Finally, save and publish your page and that’s it.