Note: Variation tracking is only available for Enterprise users.
In order to connect your Google Analytics account to your Instapage landing page and start tracking your variations you will need to:
1. If you're in the editor, exit the builder to go to the Experience Manager interface:
2. Go to the Integrations tab of the Experience Manager and select Analytics Integrations:
3. If you have already connected your Google Analytics account in the main Integrations dashboard, you will see it here and you can connect it to this particular experience:
If you have not connected your Google Analytics account yet, you can go to the main Integrations dashboard to connect it:
After you have connected the account, return to the Experience Manager interface for the page from before in order to complete the integration process. Don't forget to Update the page after connecting.
All the reports in GA will display data regarding all the pages that include the respective Tracking ID. To view specific landing page traffic, you can check the Behavior panel - Landing Pages report and filter the view for a particular page.
Make sure to select the correct GA property and view. Each view can be selected from here:
In order to see specific traffic such as variations coming from the landing pages, you can do the following:
1. Go to Behavior - Site Content - Landing Pages:
2. After that, click on the Secondary Dimension button:
3. Select Custom Dimensions and Page Variation Name:
A column with Page Variation Name will appear and you can see the analytics data by variation.
Note: This only tracks variation views. If you would like to track more advanced metrics such as custom events with Google Analytics, please see this article: http://bit.ly/2WMZO9l
If you would like to disconnect a GA property ID, you can do so from the Inegrations dashboard, as shown below: