Your landing page will have two types of cookies:
- Essential cookies - mandatory Instapage cookies that are essential for pages and variations being served, and conversions being tracked;
- Optional cookies - all other cookies that you have installed with integrations or were added to a page with custom code. Only these cookies will be blocked by this solution.
You need to make sure all of your landing pages provide your visitors with proper consent and opportunity to opt out of non-essential Cookies.
Under the Scripts & GDPR section of each page you have an option that will allow you to postpone the cookie delivery until a visitor accepts it. When you enable that feature for a specific page, that page will show a small cookie notification on the bottom of the browser window where the page visitor can accept or decline cookies from the page.
If the visitor clicks on the Yes, I accept button, he will give his consent that all cookies that are on that particular page can be added to his browser. On click, ALL cookies will be installed and the notification will disappear.
If the visitor clicks on the I do not accept button, he will deny all the optional cookies that are on that particular page. On click, only OPTIONAL cookies will NOT be installed and the notification will disappear. Essential cookies will still be added to his browser.
If the visitor clicks on the Learn more link, he will be sent to a page on your website where your company explains which cookies are being used and why. You can see where to place this link in the instructions below.
1. Click on the name of the page and go to the Scripts & GDPR tab
2. In the screen that opens, you need to enable the Cookie Bar toggle and input the link to your terms of service into the designated field;
By default, this input field is empty, and if it is left empty after enabling this feature, the default value will be an empty link.
3. After you switch the toggle to ON, you will see a modal that notifies you that you need to read and confirm reading this article before you can continue.
If the cookie bar is OFF, the code will run automatically, on all the variations. If the cookie bar is ON, the code will run only after the visitor accepts the cookies.
In order for the scripts placed in this section to only run after the visitor accepts the cookies, you will need to remove the <script> and </script> tags from the beginning and end of the code.