If you already have a website published on your domain, note that editing the “www” record will replace your website with the landing page. To avoid this, please create a new CNAME record and configure it using the guide below.
1. Below are the first steps you will need to take inside your domain registrar before coming back to your Instapage account to finish the process by adding your new subdomain in the Domains Dashboard, as explained in this article: https://d.pr/GkVQ8Q.
2. Log into your Ionos account and go to the Domains & SSL section;
3. In the Portfolio section on the right, click on Create Subdomain.
4. Choose the domain you want to add the subdomain for and enter its name. This is the name on which your pages will be published, for example "promo," but it can be anything. After doing so, click on Save.
5. Go back to the Domains & SSL section and click the gear symbol under Actions next to your domain and select Manage Subdomains.
6. Next to the desired subdomain, click on the gear symbol under Actions and select DNS.
7. Click ADD RECORD and select CNAME.
8. Enter the desired subdomain in the Hostname field. It can be "promo" or if you are using a root domain such as www.mydomain.com, you can add "www" here. In the Point to field, add our server address secure.pageserve.co. You can leave the TTL to its default setting or you can change it if you wish to do so.
9. Click on Save and you are all set.
Note: While we try to keep all of our instructional articles that involve third-party services up to date, sometimes they make changes to their platform of which we are not aware, and, as a consequence, the user interface may differ from the provided screenshots/instructions.