The SEO and Social Info tabs are the fifth and sixth ones you are presented when accessing the Experience Manager for an Experience.
In the SEO tab you can configure the way this Page Experience will look like when a potential visitor finds it on a search engine.
- The Page Title will be the title that appears for your Experience in search engine results and in the title of the tab in which your Experience is opened.
- Keywords are intended to act as shortcuts that sum up an entire page. They help search engines match a page to an appropriate search query.
- The Meta Description is an ~160 character long text, that describes and summarizes the contents of your landing page to search engines. In search engine results, the meta description appears under the page title, giving your potential visitors more information about your content.
- A Favicon is a picture you see beside some URLs in your browser’s address bar. You can use .jpg and .png images (.ico is not currently supported). You can also use .gif files, but some browsers might only display the first frame of the GIF, without animation. Make sure the image used is not too big, the recommended size is 32 by 32 pixels.
- Canonical URL A canonical tag (aka "rel canonical") is a way of telling search engines that a specific URL represents the master copy of a page. Using the canonical tag prevents problems caused by identical or "duplicate" content appearing on multiple URLs. Practically speaking, the canonical tag tells search engines which version of a URL you want to appear in search results.
In the Social Info tab, you can configure the way the Experience's card looks like when it is shared on social media. The recommended size of the thumbnail image is 1200x627 pixels.
Please see this article for the next tab of the experience manager: Page Experience: Scripts & GDPR
Note By publishing your landing page and editing your page SEO settings, Google or Bing search will not automatically index your page.