Adding a chat widget to your pages can help you increase conversion rate. If your product is more complicated, you can use a chat widget to keep your visitors on the page if they need additional information.
In this article, we are going to use Olark as an example. Adding an Olark chat widget on your page is a few simple steps setup:
1. Sign in your Olark account here;
2. Once you are logged into Olark go to the install page;
3. On the install page, make sure you selected “I will” for “Who will be installing Olark?”. Then, copy the code from “HTML setup”;
4. Go to the Instapage landing page on which you wish to install the chat widget and paste the code in Settings, HTML/CSS, in the Body section;
5. On the live page, you can see the “Chat with us” button in the bottom right corner;
6. In the Olark dashboard, click on “Launch Chat” in the top right corner, and that’s it.
When your visitors will click on the “Chat with us” button, you will appear as available if the Olark chat page is open, and when someone initiates a chat, you will be able to serve it from within the Olark chat page.